Sunday, May 14, 2023

Witching Hour

 



Witching Hour is a fantasy romance novel filled with drama, comedy, and steamy moments. 


The female lead is Abby, an aspiring actress who works as a waitress in a bar while waiting for her big break on Broadway. 

Abby was looking for a way to express her inner voice on stage and shine for everyone to see. Instead, she found out that magic was real and she was part of it.

“Abigail Shaw, we are here to take you for questioning due to unauthorized use of magic in front of normies…”

Magic? What nonsense was that? Did she accidentally walk into a set of a movie?

No, not a movie. Abby found herself on probation which included her moving in with a vampire who was also a witch, and she needed to attend lessons about magic. Her grandmother used to say that all trouble comes in threes.

Ethan, a golden boy from a wealthy family, accepted the task of teaching Abby about spell casting.

Theodore, a mysterious heartthrob, was blackmailed into teaching Abby how to control her emotions.

Alistair, a vampire prince, thirsted for her blood.

Abby became the center of attention of the magical world she was not aware existed. 


Join Abby on her journey where she will confront her fears, find her strengths, and discover that there are such things as friendship, magic, and fated love. 

---

Excerpt:

How could I hear his voice in my head? Did they drug me? Or was it a spell? Nothing made sense.

‘It will make sense if you allow me to explain,’ Theodore’s deep voice sounded in my mind.

Was that really him talking to me? Could he hear my thoughts?

He was nodding as if he could hear me, for real. 

Well, if this mental communication worked, then… Fine, explain.

‘Not here. Let’s find privacy.’

Privacy? For what? So you could seduce me into doing whatever you want?

‘No. I mean…’ He smiled a little. ‘Yeah, I want to seduce you, but I want to explain first. In private.’

I folded my arms over my chest. If he could speak into my mind directly and hear my thoughts, this was as private as it got.

Theodore cocked an eyebrow at me. ‘This is not the time to be stubborn. You will either walk on your own, or I will carry you.’

Carry me? How barbaric. When he doesn’t get his way, he can just force me. Was that another werewolf nonsense of claiming a female?

‘Me claiming you?’ Theodore’s voice sounded serious. ‘It’s the opposite, Abby.’

I refused to break eye contact, challenging him to explain. If he could really hear me, I wanted him to hear this.

Honesty. No secrets, Theodore. I need to know why you would put your life on the line for me, and in the next moment push me away and pretend I don’t exist.

‘I didn’t mean to…’

I don’t care what you meant! It’s what you do! You said we are dating, and the next day we were less than friends. Which one is it, Theodore? I am tired of waiting. I am tired of pretending. I can’t. I refuse to bottle up my feelings and pretend you don't mean the world to me!

It was confusing and every time he pushed me away, another crack appeared in my heart that was beating for him from the moment I laid my eyes on him.

‘I’m so sorry, Abby,’ Theodor’s sorrowful tone matched his expression.

He took my hand into his, lifting it to his lips and he held it there as we stood motionlessly for some time.

And then he moved.

I held my breath as he went down. Lower and lower, until he was down to his knees.

He looked up at me, and I could see golden streaks in his usually gray eyes.

I didn’t know much about packs and werewolves, but everyone was bowing to Theodore, and it didn’t seem right for him to kneel in front of anyone, especially not in front of an outsider like me. Actually, even if he was not a werewolf royalty, this would be odd.

“What are you doing?” I asked in an urgent whisper. “Get up! People are watching. What will they think?”

“Let them see. This is not me claiming you, Abby. This is me announcing that I am yours.”



Click here to get Witching Hour on MyFavReads



 #myfavreads #myfavreadsapp #romancenovel #witchinghour #scarletrpage #redsoniaauthor



MyFavReads Website: https://www.myfavreads.com






No comments:

Post a Comment