Sunday, September 17, 2023

The Lion's Bond

 




This is an online book available exclusively on the MyFavReads platform. 


The Lion’s Bond by SimMermaid is an omegaverse story. 

Stories in this genre are based on societies where people are organized into hierarchies, where secondary genders exist in addition to male-female genders. Secondary genders are classified as: 

  • Alpha - the dominant, successful ones, 

  • Beta - the neutral, ordinary ones, and 

  • Omega -  the lower class, often seen as subservient.

Omegas have a reproductive system that allows them to become pregnant and birth children, regardless of their primary gender. 


***


In a world where fated mates were once thought myth, Kaito, a teenage omega, was abandoned by his family. 

Left with a scarred psyche, lingering anxiety, and depression, from years of gaslighting, Kaito was kicked out for failing to present his secondary gender characteristics. 

Kaito was taken in by his best friend, Darrol’s mother, fondly dubbed Mama Jun, and he finds a loving substitute family and home. 

Kaito lived his life as a beta until, one day, standing before him, like a God of Fire, was the most handsome man Kaito had ever seen. Not understanding this pull he felt towards the stranger, they lock eyes, and suddenly an irresistible scent hits his senses as his inner omega stirs.

Kaito forms a relationship with Lionel, the powerful alpha that caused his omega to awaken, and he is slowly learning that he is not just a burden to others, especially to this kind and caring alpha. After deciding to spend his first heat with the alpha that he is rapidly developing feelings for, they soon find out that they are going to be parents to twins. Kaito learns to trust Lionel, and as his pregnancy progresses he starts to heal from the trauma of his youth. 

Just as Kaito is finally starting to accept himself, his world comes crashing down upon him. He soon finds himself, and his little family, the target of a series of unfortunate and terrifying events! 

As these events unfold in this story of love, healing, and family, dark secrets are slowly uncovered that once again turn Kaito’s life upside down. 

Will he ever be able to bond with his fated mate? Will he ever live happily with their little family? Or will these secrets destroy everything he has ever wanted in life?


***


Excerpt:


… Kaito hadn't heard nor sensed Lionel's mother coming in, so he froze for a moment before his brain kicked into gear, telling him he didn't need to be afraid of this woman. “Um, hi, Mrs. Bartley…”

“Imogén or Mother will do. We will be family soon enough if what my son says is true. He thinks of you as his future mate, do you agree with that sentiment? He's not pressuring you to be his mate or anything like that, is he?” She wanted to be sure that Kaito wasn't being coerced into being with her son. She trusted her son, but he was an alpha and could unintentionally pressure an omega into an unwanted bond.

Kaito was a little uncomfortable calling Lionel's mother's mom just yet, so he chose the slightly less uncomfortable option, “Uh, Mother Imogén, I love Lionel, he has never pressured me to do anything I'm uncomfortable with. He's always been a gentleman around me and has always taken my comfort into consideration. It's been this way since I first met him. I am freely deciding to spend my life with him, but we aren't rushing into bonding just yet. We both want to take our time to know each other and understand one another before we take that step.”

“Where do you see yourself in his life in the future, Kaito?” Imogén asked.

“I see myself by his side as an equal. I want to help him achieve whatever he wants to do, whether that be teaching or researching. I see myself supporting him by his side, giving him the unconditional partnership and love he deserves.”

“Are you aware of just how much my son is worth? Do you want to bond with him just because of his money?” Imogén knew her son's view on this, but she wanted to hear it from his future partner as well.

“Yes, I am perfectly aware that Lionel's net worth could easily make him a millionaire, but I don't care about his money. Lionel is a humble person who doesn't flaunt his wealth, he also doesn't spend frivolously and despite his many attempts to spend what I consider to be an extravagant amount on me, I refuse to let him. I am perfectly capable of getting the things I desire with a little hard work and saving. I'm not planning on bonding with his money, I'm planning on bonding with Lionel the person, the humble and gentle alpha that he is.”

Imogén liked what she was hearing so far. “What are your views on children? My son values family and desires his own family one day. Are you going to be capable of handling the burden that will be placed on your shoulders as an omega? If my son so chose to, he could forcibly trigger your heat to make you bear him children. How would you deal with his alpha needs when it comes time for his rut?”

Kaito sat up straighter, and this time he looked Lionel's mother in the eye as he spoke. He was going to make clear what he was about to say, as he hoped that it would ease Lionel's mother's worries.

“Imogén, no, Mother… I have already spent a heat cycle with your son. We are perfectly compatible, and he didn't force me either. He noticed, before I did, that I was starting my heat, and he made absolutely certain that I was aware of what my heat could do to him and his alpha self. I decided to trust him, knowing full well that there could be risks involved. As for children, I'll be more than happy to give Lionel as many children as he wants or as much as my body can handle. Either way, Lionel will get a family from me. Seeing as I have no problems with my health, children are definitely a possibility.” He didn’t add that he was already pregnant, since he was still hesitant to reveal this news yet.

“Welcome to the family, Kaito,” Imogén said with a soft smile. Her future son-in-law was a good one.

Kaito didn't respond, he was choking up at his future mother-in-law's words. Now all he had to do was find the courage to tell her and his future father-in-law, that they were already going to be grandparents, and twice over at that!




#myfavreads #myfavreadsapp #romancenovel #omegaverse #lgbt #fatelove #thelionsbond #simmermaidauthor



MyFavReads Website: https://www.myfavreads.com









No comments:

Post a Comment